Chapter 1 Provision
The 1st Article
|1st level||These rules state the necessary information based on paragraph 7, article 10 of the Construction Business Act that is applied to paragraph 22, Article 7 concerning implementation of the registration for instrumentation test procedures which the Association of Japan Instrumentation Industry (called “the association” below) are authorized under the registration for Construction Business Act.|
|2nd level||These rules below state the necessary information concerning the 2nd level Instrumentation engineer test procedures.|
The 2nd Article
These tests are called technical test of 1st and 2nd level instrumentation engineer (called “test” below).
(Implementation Policy for the Test)
The 3rd Article
The test procedures will be implemented strictly, accurately and fairly under these rules.
(Time schedule for test procedures)
The 4th Article
1. Test procedures start from 9:00AM to 5:00PM except holiday.
2. The previous rule is not applied for the day the test takes place.
3. Holiday are as follows.
1. Saturday and Sunday
2. National Holiday
3. From December 29th to January 4th except the days mentioned in the 2
4. Days decided by the chairperson
The 5th Article
The test procedures are conducted in the following office.
Office: The Association of Japan Instrumentation Industry
Location: 2-8-1, Toranomon, Minato ward, Tokyo, Toranomon-Denki Building 5F
(Test Date and Place)
The 6th Article
The test takes place all over Japan at more than four places. The theoretical test will be in August and practical test in December.
Chapter 2 Eligibility
The 7th Article
Eligibility requirements for the test are as follows.
|1st level||Those who have at least more than five years’ working experience in instrumentation construction and designing, or more than four and a half years working experience with 2nd level certificate. In addition, the required years of experience must include at least one year working at a leading and managerial position.|
|2nd level||More than two years of working experience in instrumentation construction and designing|
The 8th Article
The following examinee can be exempted from all or partial subjects in the test.
1. Those who passed the following theoretical tests can be exempted from theoretical test the next two fiscal year.
2. Those with the following certifications can be exempted from certain parts of subjects stated in other list.
|Level of this test||Certification||Exempted Subject|
|1st||The 1st level Construction Management Technical Engineer (either electric or piping construction).||Subject B|
|2nd||The 1st or 2nd level Construction Management Technical Engineer (either electric or piping construction).||Subject B|
|The 1st level Electric Works Specialist.|
Chapter 3 Application
The 9th Article
Those who would like to apply for the test must send an application form and pay application fee to this association.
(Reception and Examination of Application Form)
The 10th Article
An application form is examined and the form is accepted if the following requirements are fulfilled.
1. Required information in the form are filled in and necessary documents are attached.
2. The applicant meets the eligibility requirements stated in the 7th article.
3. The application fee stated below in the 11th article is paid.
Chapter 4 Application Fee
The 11th Article
1. Application fee is as follows.
Theoretical test: 7,400 Yen
Practical test: 17,500 Yen
2. Chairperson can change the application fee if necessary.
(Payment of Application Fee)
The 12th Article
1. An applicant is required to pay the application fee via bank transfer or other ways.
2. The relevant costs will be paid by the applicant.
(Refund of Application Fee)
The 13th Article
The application fee will be refunded under the following circumstances.
1. If the application form is not received.
2. If applicants could not take the test due to this association’s fault.
The 14th Article
Refunding is done by the following ways.
1. The refunding will be the applying fee with postal charge deducted.
2. The overall amount of the application fee is refunded if it is due to a reason stated in 2 of the previous article.
3. Refunding is done by a refunding bill.
Chapter 5 Implementation Process
The 15th Article
Announcement is made via website of this association and construction journal.
(Contents of Test)
The 16th Article
1. The test consists of a theoretical test and practical test.
2. The one who passed the theoretical test and who are exempted from it will take the practical test of the same year.
3. Test standards are stated separately.
(Arrangement of Test Center)
The 17th Article
1. Chairperson selects and allocates a supervising test manager and a test manager to each test center to implement the test strictly and smoothly.
2. A supervising test manager is responsible for management of implementing the examination, directing everything as the manager of the test centers.
3. A test manager implements the test in each test center by handing out test papers, preventing cheating and collecting the papers.
(Management of Test)
The 18th Article
Printing, delivering and keeping examination papers are done by the following ways.
1. Printing the test papers is commissioned to a printing company that agrees to enter into a nondisclosure agreement and keep confidentiality.
2. Delivery is commissioned to a trustworthy and experienced delivery company.
3. Containers are used for delivery with the papers sealed.
(General Information about Test)
The 19th Article
1. An examinee who fails to show an admission ticket for test cannot take the test. However, it is not the case if the ticket is reissued.
2. Those within less than 30 minutes late to arrive at the test center can take the test.
3. It is not allowed for examinees to take the test papers home.
(Suspension of Test)
The 20th Article
1. Supervising Test manager orders an examinee to be suspended and leave the test center if any dishonest behavior was found.
2. Supervising test manager can order an examinee to be suspended and leave the test center if the examinee disturbed order in the test center or bothers other examinees.
(Announcement of Test Questions)
The 21st Article
Every year the examination questions from the previous year are announced.
Chapter 6 Test Committee
(Purpose and Setting up)
The 22nd Article
Test Committee based on a group decision-making system is established to discuss creation of the test question and judgment of success or failure.
(Organization and Appointment of Judges)
The 23rd Article
1. Central Judge Committee undertakes roles of the Test Committee.
2. The judges are regarded as an examiner of registration for instrumentation test based on 19 of 7th article Construction Act.
3. A member of the committee is commissioned by chairperson from scholars or employees of related organizations.
4. The number of the members is between 10 to 15 persons. Out of the members, more than two members must be a professor, associate professor or person with its experience who specializes in instrumentation control engineering or related subjects. Otherwise, they shall be those who took the degree of Doctor of instrumentation control engineering or other related subjects, or who have equivalent competence.
5. A member’s tenure is two years and reappointment is possible. However, tenure of a substitute who succeeds the incumbent predecessor is the tenure the predecessor left.
(Chief of Committee)
The 24th Article
1. To implement the registration for instrumentation test, a chief of the committee is allocated into the Central Judge Committee.
2. The chief of the committee is elected by mutual vote of the members stated 3 of the previous article and commissioned by chairperson.
3. The chief of the committee controls all affairs of the committee.
The 25th Article
A member of the committee is dismissed if he or she corresponds to the following conditions.
1. If he or she violates one’s duty or tarnishes its status.
2. If it is visible that he or she cannot endure one’s duty because of unhealthy mind and body.
3. If he or she offers to resign.
(Duty of Test Committee)
The 26th Article
The committee creates the test implementation rules, examines a test questions’ draft submitted by the Official Approval Committee, and makes the final decision of it. Also it is in charge of the judgment for success or failure and other fundamental matters about the test.
(Meeting and resolution)
The 27th Article
1. A meeting is held when the chief of the committee believes that it is necessary.
2. To summon a meeting, a notification by a letter must be sent five days before the meeting.
3. A meeting cannot be held without more than 1/2 attendance.
4. A resolution is made with agreement by the majority of attending members. In case of a tie, the chief of the committee decides the issue.
(Official Approval Committee)
The 28th Article
1. The Official Approval Committee is in charge of creation of the test questions’ draft and management and implementation of the test.
2. A member of the committee is selected from those who possess knowledge and skills equivalent to the 1st level instrumentation engineer.
3. The number of its members shall be between 15 to 25 persons.
4. A member’s tenure is two years and reappointment is possible. However, tenure of a substitute who succeeds the incumbent predecessor has the tenure the predecessor which left.
5. The 25th article applies to the Official Approval Committee.
Chapter 7 Judgment of Success or Failure
The 29th Article
For an examinee to pass the test, it is required to get a score between 55 and 65 out of 100.
The 30th Article
The Central Judge Committee makes the decision of judgment of an examinee’s success or failure before the chairperson makes the final decision.
Chapter 8 Issuing Certificate
The 31st Article
Chairperson issues a certificate for a successful examinee.
The 32nd Article
The certificate can be reissued by sending a reissuing request form with 1,030 yen fee attached if it is lost or damaged.
Chapter 9 Others
(Measure for Dishonest Act by Examinee)
The 33rd Article
This association suspends a certificate and forces an examinee to return his or her certificate if it was found that he or she had done the following dishonest acts.
1. Obtaining some confidential information such as test questions through a deceptive way
2. Lying about the eligibility requirements in the application form
3. Other dishonest behaviors concerning the test
The 34th Article
1. Those who are involved in the process of the test and evaluation must not leak and disclose any information obtained through their responsibility.
2. Those who are involved in the process of the test and judgment are required to take every possible measure to ensure the fairness of the test.
3. In case of failing to do what is stated in this article, he or she is dismissed.
(Keeping Books and Documents)
The 35th Article
Books and documents are kept secure at all time. Test’s papers, books and documents should not be copied or published in anyway.
(Retention Period of Books and Documents)
The 36th Article
The retention period for each paper is as follows.
1. Lists of examinees and successful examinees: until test procedures are abolished
2. List of the result of the marking: Five years
3. Additional documents: Period determined by chairperson
(Details of Test Procedures)
The 37th Article
Other necessary information that are not stated in these articles are determined by the chairperson.
These articles have been commissioned since April 1st 2014.